How you can help

To support A Meal Today, A Meal Tomorrow, there are three things that you can do. Each takes only minutes.

1)  Get your favorite local restaurant onboard. We can then add that restaurant to our list of participating restaurants so we can help them and our local students in need.

To reach out to your favorite restaurant, you can copy and paste the email below:.  Any restaurant in Chicago is welcome.

2)  Reach out to a restaurant on our list (or a new one) and let them know you want to purchase a Gift Card for the “A Meal Today, A Meal Tomorrow Campaign”. Again, this means that you’ll get an 80% of your purchase on a gift card for you and the other 20% will go to A Meal Today, A Meal Tomorrow for students.   

OR JUST:

3)  The Do-It-Yourself Method: Go online to ANY Chicago restaurant or take-out place and purchase gift cards for yourself and for A Meal Today, A Meal Tomorrow. E-cards for students should be sent to AMealTodayAMealTomorrow@gmail.com

You can also mail restaurant gift cards to:

A Meal Today, A Meal Tomorrow

c/o Jessica Tansey

1723 N. Dayton Street

Chicago IL 60614  

Although the gift card can come from ANY Chicago restaurant, the customer can request which school community to support.

So, whichever way a gift card is purchased, the customer should make sure that the school community name is included somewhere on the gift card or in the email with the card.

The CPS Children First Fund will help to distribute these gift cards to local food-insecure students and families.


Send this email or message invite below to your local restaurants to explain how campaign works:

Dear _____________________,

We love your restaurant!

We are running a campaign called "A Meal Today, A Meal Tomorrow" to help both local restaurants like yours as well as food-insecure CPS students. You may have seen it in the Chicago Tribune. It costs your restaurant nothing to participate, but motivates people to buy gift cards from your establishment. Please see below how this campaign will work. If you decide to join, please let us know so that you can be added to the list on AMealTodayAMealTomorrow.com to be shared with Chicago families. Any contact information, special deals and hours open will also be listed for all participating restaurants. Hope we can help you and food-insecure students!

Thanks,

(Your name and school community)


(Then include this description below):


Join Our Campaign To Help Restaurants and Students In Need: 

With the coronavirus keeping people home, not only are schools affected, but businesses are too. Food-insecure students need more support, and local restaurants during this period need help making up for lost income, to keep their businesses and pay their workers.

Maybe we can kill two birds with one stone.

How this campaign works:

For every gift card amount a person purchases from a participating restaurant, they’ll get back a gift card worth 80% of that amount. The remaining 20% will be put on a separate gift card made out to A Meal Today, A Meal Tomorrow and should be emailed to the address AMealTodayAMealTomorrow@gmail.com. For example, if a customer purchases a $50 gift card, they will get a $40 card for themselves and a $10 gift card will be made out to A Meal Today, A Meal Tomorrow.


Or a person can choose the Do-It-Yourself option and order e-gift cards from ANY Chicago restaurant – sending one to the AMealTodayAMealTomorrow@gmail.com. You can also mail restaurant gift cards to:

A Meal Today, A Meal Tomorrow

c/o Jessica Tansey

1723 N. Dayton Street

Chicago IL 60614  

Although the gift card can come from ANY Chicago restaurant, the customer can request which school community to support.

So, whichever way a gift card is purchased, the customer should make sure that the school community name is included somewhere on the gift card or in the email with the card.

The CPS Children First Fund will help us distribute these gift cards to local food-insecure students and families.

We hope you'll join us as a participating restaurant. Thank you.